Of course, Preps understand that monograms must be used tastefully. The adage of less is more must have been written by a preppy. You will never find a monogram on denim, tennis balls, gardens or the latest fad--automobiles.
Their usual "modus operandi" are eyeglass cases, golf bags, clothing, bags, rings, and many household items.
As to why monograms are suddenly the rage is something of a mystery. One could possibly explain away monograms current appeal on human beings having an inherit need to display personal identification…possibly, or maybe Preps know what the fashion world is now catching on to…monograms are just plain fun. O.C.C.Jr.
ETCHED OUT - 1. Hip Flask ( www.weddingfavorsunlimited.com ).
2. Doorknocker ( www.avenuearabella.com ).
3. Monogrammed ring ( www.bentlyhandengraver.com ).
4. Garden Organizer ( www.LaPlates.com ). 5. Flattening Iron case ( www.poshmonogram.com ).
6. Table linen ( www.countryliving.com ). 7. Earrings ( www.mmmonogramming.com ).
8. Bucket Hat (www.personalizationmall.com ). 9. Towels
(www.embroiderygarden.com ). 10. Pillows ( www.vintagegreenpillows.com ).
11. Loafers ( www.thepinkmonogram.com ). 12. Basket Bag ( www.thepinkmonogram.com ).
13. Clogs ( www.thepinkmonogram.com ). 14. Vintage Luggage ( www.fossil.com ).
15. Cuff links ( www.heathermoorejewelry.com ). 16. Silverware ( www.leopardantiques.com ).
17. Plate ( www.graciousstyle.com ).