Pages

Celebrating the Preppy Lifestyle and it's sensibilities

BEST MADRA SHORTS FOR MEN

Last year I did an interview on Connecticut based preps the three chickadees here
I received a pair of their Chesapeake Bay Madras shorts and am deciding to give a small review.


I must say that when I received these back in June 2010 I was pleasantly surprised.  These shorts are really holding up pretty well and I've worn them quite a bit.  They are 100 percent cotton with two front and two rear pockets and fully lined and cost about $48.00.  They're also made in India which is a good thing considering the fabric takes its name from the former English name of the city of Chennai, India.


When I received them they had a stiffness that's expected from a new product.  The first thing I do with new clothing is to immediately wash them.  This is very good for testing the quality.  I haven't noticed any fading as of yet but they have gotten softer.  They've also remained true to shape with very minimal shrinkage. 


I give these shorts a four out of five ranking.  They have become my favorite madras and should get better with age.

















The Preppy Times

No comments:

Post a Comment